For website visitors, app users, account holders and customers from the European Union (“EU”), please click here for details to see to how we are complaint with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation Policy (“GDPR”).
- Personal Data You Provide to Us
The City Of Hype Sites generally collect personally identifying information (such as, for example, your name, email address, contact address, phone number,etc.) with your specific knowledge and consent. This includes but is not to when you place orders with us, subscribe to our newsletter mailing list, create an account with us, enter a raffle sweepstakes or giveaway and complete a survey, etc.. You can choose not to provide us with certain personal data, but we may not be able to process your orders, transactions or applications, or you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Registration: In order to use select parts of our websites such as the CITY OF HYPE.com Forum, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your email address and date of birth. Please note that if you do not provide all the required personal data to us or if the data provided is inaccurate, we may not be able to process your registration and you may not be able to post on our forum or use selected parts of our website. Optional information such as your referrer or time zone may also be requested.
- Public Areas
When you post, contribute or share any content to a public area of the City Of Hype Sites such as our comments sections, the content you submit will be made availe to the general public. To protect your privacy, we would recommend that you exercise caution when submitting, sharing or posting on such public area any personal data or sensitive information such as but not to your full name, address, phone number, or any other information that would allow other users or third parties to locate you or obtain information about you. You are entirely responsible for your use of our websites, for all of the contents that you submit or post on our websites, for any and all activities that occur under your account, and for ensuring, protecting and safeguarding the confidentiality and the security of your account. We shall not be held liable for any claims, loss or damage resulting from a breach of the foregoing, or your use of and contributions on our websites, or any unauthorized use of your account.
- Personal Data We Collect When You Buy from Us
- Automatic Information
- Use and Provision of Personal Data
We may collect, use, store and provide your personal data for any of the following purposes, including:
- To enhance or improve user experience, the City Of Hype Sites and/or our products and/or services, or to facilitate our performance of our services or any services offered on the City Of Hype Sites.
- To register, verify, process and maintain your account on the City Of Hype Sites.
- To process your orders and/or transactions on the City Of Hype Sites and/or for our products and/or services.
- To conduct and process any contests, raffle sweepstakes, giveaways and/or surveys that we may from time to time organize in relation to the City Of Hype Sites, our business, products and/or services, and to announce the winners of the relevant contests and/or sweepstakes (as the case may be) on the City Of Hype Sites or any other medium/channels as may be required under the applicable laws.
- To send e-mails and/or other marketing communications about our websites and/or other news, product, or promotional sale alerts, related products and/or services, or updates for City Of Hype Sites, provided that we have obtained your explicit consent to do so.
- To provide third party service provider(s) engaged by us to provide services for or in relation to the City Of Hype Sites, to process data on our behalf, to provide information technology support to us and/or conduct maintenance of our servers, data banks and databases, including but not to IT contractor(s), website analytic service provider(s), data processor(s) and service provider(s) for database management systems.
- To provide third party content provider(s) engaged by us, including interactive and social media providers, to provide services for or in relation to the City Of Hype Sites, to allow the provider to host the content on our sites
- To provide our third-party advertising and promotional agencies and consultants and those organisations or online platforms selected by us to carry out marketing campaigns on our behalf and to measure the delivery and effectiveness of such advertisements (for example, client campaign tracking)
- To purchaser(s)/assignee(s) as part of any re-organization, merger, transfer or sale of our business.
- To comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority.
- Third Party Websites
- Third Party Access to Your Personal Data
- Google Analytics (Anonymous version)
- Google Tag Manager
- Google DoubleClick for Publishers
- Google AdSense
- Google Adwords
- Google Sign-in (iOS/Android)
- Facebook (SDK for iOS/Android, App Events/Analytics, AudienceNetwork)
- Twitter (Analytics)
- Retention Science
- Campaign Monitor
- Google Firebase (Cloud Messaging, Performance Marketing, etc.)
- Commission Junction
- Affiliate Gateway
- Marketing & Communication
When registering for a CITY OF HYPE Forum or City Of Hype Sites account, you will be given the option to opt-in to receiving our promotional and direct marketing materials and/or updates through the City Of Hype Sites newsletter. If you would prefer to opt-out from these e-mails, you can do so at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail.
- Law Enforcement
We may disclose your personal data to a third party to comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, unless there are any prohibitions/ restrictions under the applicable laws, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either.
- Security of Information
We use SSL certificates to help secure the City Of Hype Sites. However, we make no representations as to the security or confidentiality of your personal data. You understand and agree that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It is in our interest to keep our websites secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act
Last Updated Date: May 25, 2018
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.